Memory Lane Path
Construction of Memory Lane, our engraved brick path in the west Park and the path through the Rose Garden have been completed. Visitors are welcome to walk through the gardens in all seasons, however, paths are not cleared of snow. To view the stages of construction of the Memory Lane project visit Path Update
When visiting the Park, please remember:
- No dogs are allowed in the Botanic Park. They are allowed on the City's Red Willow Trail just north of us. You can park and access the Trail from Kingswood Park (east of us on Sturgeon Road). If you are walking you can access the Trail between the ball diamonds and the Botanic Park or the pathway across from Woodlands Road.
- Please dismount your bicycle and walk it through the Park. If you are driving and taking your bikes to ride on Red Willow Trail, please use the parking lot at Kingswood Park.
- We are a botanic garden and love when you visit but we are not a play or picnic park and do not have the equipment or space to accommodate these activities. For a City of St. Albert park with facilities you might be looking for, please visit https://stalbert.ca/rec/parks/
- We have many benches throughout the Park ... please do not bring in barbecues, tables and chairs when visiting.
- Please do not pick flowers, dig up plants or remove any decorative items (rocks, pavers, etc.) from the Park. These are in place for everyone to enjoy when they visit and should not be removed.
- Please refrain from entering the Rose Garden when a wedding or other ceremony is in progress. We will have signage at each entrance to the Garden advising of these events. Rentals are very important to us as it is one of our means of raising funds to operate the Park and all of our gardens.
- Any large groups or organized tours must contact the office if they are planning to visit. We can advise you of the best time or day to visit as our parking lot has limited space and we do not want your visit to conflict with paid rental events.
If you have enjoyed your visit to our gardens, please consider leaving a donation in our box on the patio. We are not a city funded park and all donations go directly into operation and maintenance of the Park.